Monday, March 30, 2009

Severe Blog Neglect!

Hello to all of my sweet bloggy friends! I have finally completed something! Yay me! It's funny, but I thought being unemployed meant I was going to have a spotless house, finished projects, lunches packed, dinner on the table by 5:30, dogs bathed, lunch dates with girlfriends, garden weeded, daily walks taken, plenty of time and energy for "on side business" (watch Australia.....then you'll understand!)with my hubby, house painted, books read, lots of quiet time, and last but not least, my blog would flourish!!! Somehow, not being at the ole 9-5 job became busier than when I worked!! How'd I do that?? I think I put sooooo many pressures on myself! Do you guys do that? I guess that is a woman thing! Enough rambling on....Here's the latest little creation! I am totally crushing on this one!! I can see how much my sewing skills grow with each new project I tackle.

Check out the magnetic snap and cute green lining and pocket fabric!


Speaking of the movie Australia, I had the rare joy of having all of my babies home on Saturday!! We had a fabulous dinner (Chicken Fried Steak, yummmmmm) and kicked back to watch a movie together! Did I mention that we pigged out on brownies and ice cream too!! I love family time! (notice my dog baby is in the middle of the mix!)



**NOTE** hubs says I misquoted the movie....he said it is "wrong side business" not as I said "on side business"...hmmmmf! I am still looking for a way to incorporate the quote "big fat cheeky bull" from the movie into my blog! ha!****

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That bag is gorgeous!

Aubrey said...

The bag is absolutely FABULOUS! Love it!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!
I'm totally completely in love with your bag! You're so awesome miss tracey!! Woop WOop!!!!!!
I'm so happy for youu.
I loooovvveee youuu!

Janene said...

Thank God you are back! I feel so neglected!
You are such a great seamstress...I too am in love with that bag!
I have to watch that movie "Australia"...is it good?
I thought about you the other night as I was watching "Twilight"! You are right...I loved it, and now I am hooked!

Jennifer@woodleycottage said...

I love the newest bag!! I had to laugh as I totally understand your lack of time for anything. When you do not work outside the home you just do not have a lunch hour, two 15 minute breaks each day and we can't even abuse our sick leave. I had oral surgery last summer and my surgeon laughed when I told him I was enjoying the quiet time. Nothing like a little anesthesia for R&R...
Have a super day!
Jennifer

Bridget said...

Love the purse! And I am glad you got some family time!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Wow! What a great bag. I think I am in love.

I’m what you might like to think as the very tail end of the SITS welcome wagon. While my cohorts all probably stopped by your blog in a very timely manner, I instead took a different approach. I thought I would wait a while and then swing by and say, hey, you’re still a member!

Or maybe I’m just a big slacker who is finally getting back on the comment wagon. I’ll leave the interpretation up to you, but I urge you to seriously consider option #1! :)

-Francesca

Cricket said...

That bag is killing me! You are super talented!

Kelly Ann Taylor said...

that's the bestest yet!

glad to see
you're
posting again!

love it!
katw0man

Becca said...

Hey you!! I haven't checked your blog in SOOO long and I am sorry!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that bag!!! I want one!!!! How can I get one????? I will pay you!

Becca said...

Disregard my last post...(well, about where to find the bag, anyway). I just found it on your Etsy shop...should have known to look there! MINE!

Carole said...

I LOVE that hand bag. What fabulous fabric.