Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

What a FUN LONG WEEKEND!! I am having a blast with the new sewing machine!!! Check out these beautiful aprons I made for the girls who came out to help make tamales on New Years Day! I found inspiration for these at Lipstick and Laundry and also Whoopsie Daisies Days at and then somewhere along the way, I said forget pillowcases!! and started designing them myself!! It is alot more fun to think something up, use fabric that inspires you and then VOILA CREATE IT!!
Did you spy a little skull and crossbone in there?? Yep! made that one for the "rebel" sis in law!!!

I have a new addiction to yo-yo's!!! I bought these "Clover" YoYo makers at the craft store and they are soooo much fun!!!





Sadly, I have no pictures of our wonderful tamales, I was tooo busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off!!! But, they turned out wonderful and I am sure we all gained lb's after that night!! I followed the recipes from Son of the South and recommend them to anyone who wants to attempt tamale making!!
Monica, Michelle and Sam...see what you missed!!!

6 comments:

Janene said...

Those look fabulous darling!
I need to learn to sew! If I do the world will be my oyster! LOL
I want a tamale!!!

Mommy In Pink said...

Awww..you have a doxie? I have two mini's and I love them so very much!

Unknown said...

Cute , cute. I bought some yo yos too. Have not used them yet, but your inspiration gives me an idea. mishelle

Heather said...

DARLING!!! I love them!

Lula! said...

FABULOUS! I love these. Girl, you could slap a huge price tag on these and sell 'em at Urban Outfitters or Anthropologie. Seriously!

Karla said...

How cute! What great gifts! :)

~ Karla