Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just a Little Somethin' I Whipped Up!

I saw this idea at Mod Object at Home and absolutely HAD to try it!!!
I mean the words of "NO SEW" ALWAYS make me stand up and take notice!!

(no.....me and the ole' sewing machine still haven't worked out our differences and because of it's bad behavior it has been banished to the attic until I have the patience to once again battle with it!)

The first one is from an old pillow case. Don't look tooooo closely as I haven't finished the seam at the top....will do that tonight. What can I say...couldn't wait for "perfect" to show you guys or you might never see my projects. Ha!





The second one is cut from a vintage sheet I picked up at a garage sale this summer...I ended up with a whole stack of different vintage sheets for a quarter! Wahoooo!

again......I haven't finished the pocket and actually it's just hanging on with tape....this one will have to be hand stitched tonight!!




This stuff is amazing!! The only problem is I bought "lite" because it said it would work with delicate fabrics like ribbon, but it seems this morning that not all of my "seams" took! soooo.... I may have to go back and redo some of the seams... OH POO!!!


I had fun putting these vibrant colors together in the middle of winter!! I am thinking of giving these to the girls that come to my Tamale Making Party on New Years Day. I will need to make a few more ..... sooo....stay tuned!

6 comments:

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Oh MY GOSH!! I adore aprons, so this is a "must try" for me!! yours are adorable Tracy! and I love the idea of NO sew, I don't have a good relationship with my machine either, LOL :)

Thanks for the great idea!! right up my alley!!

xox

Kristina P. said...

Those look so cute and easy! Love the fabric you chose.

Elyse said...

i am a big big fan of the no-sew projects. last christmas my husband got me a sewing machine and i am so afraid of math and patterns that it just sits there MOCKING ME! adorable. you had me at ric-rac! xo

Home as Hobby said...

Hey girl! Of course, I love the aprons. Aprons and I have a "thing". I found a cute little vintage pattern and am thinking about whipping some up with some scraps to put on my site. Now you have me inspired! No sew rocks!

Anonymous said...

Those are A-DORABLE!!!!!!!

morewineplease said...

those are adorable! great job!