Thursday, December 11, 2008

SNOW ON THE GULF COAST!

What the heck is that white stuff all over my sweater??? Is it dandruff??? NOOO! It's SNOW!!

I know! right? It doesn't snow in Houston!!
Well....take a closer look....


It is definitely snow!!!

Of course the Little Missy had to get in on the picture taking!



For those of you who see snow all the time, you must be saying..."Crazy Texans! They act like they've never seen snow before!"

Well....Chron.com says:
The flurries tied a record for Houston's earliest snowfall ever and warmed the hearts of winter weather lovers who have pined for snow since it last made an appearance on Christmas Eve 2004.

PEOPLE!! It was 72 YESTERDAY! Gotta love Texas Weather!!

More Gulf Coast Snow Pictures for your viewing enjoyment.........
Check out this Baytown Snowman!


....and the smaller version from Houston!



....and the much smaller version, a little closer to home in Conroe!

Seems like everyone felt the need to write the date in snow...probably to show our children when we are old and gray. When we tell them tales of when it actually snowed on the Gulf Coast! ha!


This is one of my most FAV pictures!! This sexy snow lady is only 30 miles from the beach!!!

and these pics of a sweet little dachshund in Crosby, Texas!


all pics from Chron.com

For all the northerners who read my blog....thanks for indulging me in my giddy childlike adoration of one of the things you find so commonplace....but go...yes, go....enjoy the snow with the kids (and big kids) in your life!!

BIG HUGE Snowy HUGs!
Tracey

4 comments:

FlipFlop Mom said...

You're so funny!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! as you can imagine.. snow is a major part of my life.. living in NH.. but.. that's ok to me!!!! Palm tree and snow.. together??? something I thought I would never see!! LOL LOL

Janene said...

Tracey~You Crazy Texan!!
A little snow and I bet all the schools closed too! LOL
It does look nice...I love the snow and it looks like everyone was having so much fun!
Thanks for sharing with us your enthusiasm!

Kristina P. said...

Tracey, thanks for commenting on my blog! I see you have my button!

And I live in Utah and we've been having a very mild winter.

I will add you to my Reader and will return!

La Pixie said...

WOW, so cool. it snowed here (AZ) like two years ago, but it wasnt that much. I havent seen that much snow in years. I hope you enjoyed it!!